832 E Main St #3, Medford, OR 97504
Whether you are out working the front lines or staying home to remain safe, you’re certain to feel better if your skin is properly moisturized. Here are a couple of tips our staff put together to help your dry skin feel happier and healthier at home:
- Drink water, and lots of it. About 60% of your body is made of water and your skin needs a good deal of that water to feel soft and supple. The Mayo Clinic recommends drinking an average of eight 8-ounce glasses of water each day. You might need more or less depending on how much you are exercising or other health factors.
- Bring out the humidifier. Hot air is typically much drier than cool air, so if you’re using your furnace the air around you may be drying your skin. Using a warm-mist or cool-mist humidifier can add a healthy amount of moisture back into the air.
- Move your dial from hot to warm when taking a bath or shower. Hot water removes fatty substances from your skin that are designed to help your skin retain water. That hot shower might feel good, but it’s actually drying out your skin.
- Use soaps and moisturizers made of high-quality ingredients that are mild on your skin. We carry a full line of skin cleansers and moisturizers to make your skin feel its best. All of our Eminence products are natural and organic and free of parabens, phthalates, sulfates, and propylene glycol.
Which cleansers and moisturizers should I choose for my dry skin?
One of our favorite recommendations during these stressful times is our “Calm Skin Chamomile” line. Available both as a skin cleanser and a moisturizer, Calm Skin Chamomile is ideal for sensitive prone skin types.
Chamomile is a powerful essential oil that provides both anti-inflammatory and calming properties to soothe your skin. Antioxidants from chamomile have been known to flush out toxins and trigger circulation, resulting in clearer skin and a healthier complexion.
Other key ingredients include:
- Calendula Oil: a healthy antioxidant and essential oil.
- Sunflower Oil: rich in vitamins A, D, and E.
- Grape Leaf Extract: rich in polyphenols that protect you skin against stress
I’m sheltering at home. How do I buy these products?
Keeping your healthy skin regimen active is easy with Organic Elements Spa. CLICK HERE to shop from the comfort of your home with our online spa boutique. We’ll ship your order directly to you, or if you’re a local client, we’ll either deliver it to you personally or have it available for curbside pick up.
We also have gift certificates available! Purchase a gift certificate to reward yourself or a friend to a relaxing spa experience. We’ll be here ready to serve you as soon as the shelter-at-home guidelines are lifted.